Hiking Idaho is excited to announce the completion of The Hiker’s Guide Idaho’s Sawtooth Country. The 232-page guidebook highlights 60 of the greatest walking adventures in the Sawtooth, White Cloud and Salmon River Mountains, all surrounding the Stanley Basin. Presented in an easy-to-follow format, this guidebook will help the novice hiker to the seasoned backcountry veteran discover some of the most beautiful hiking destinations in the area.
Inside the guide, look for:
- At-a-glance information including distance, total elevation gain, season, GPS waypoints, difficulty and cautionary advice.
- The author’s favorite hikes, including early season, solitude, view, wildflower, backpack, fall, easy and hikes along creeks.
- Advice on safety, wilderness etiquette and wilderness conservation.
- Local information on flora, fauna and recent wildfires.
- 36 USGS-based topographical maps.
- Over 90 photographs, 16 pages in full-color.
- Sewn-bound book which provides longevity and durability.